I was going through my RSS feed as usual and skimming through interesting posts from Swiss-Miss came across this blog post by Greg Hoy which lists some qualities of Successful People. Going through those 10 habits I thought how many of these do I practice in my everyday life? It wasn’t really a simple straight forward answer I realise many of them are the ones that we are born with, some are those that we have to practice to adopt and act upon but intentionally or unintentionally all of us have all those habits.
The only difference is some of us live by these habits and make them their rules of life while others only try to practice, do and forget.
– They are humble. Their success doesn’t consume them.
– They are on time. On time for work, on time for meetings, on time for the train. They hate wasting their own time, and as a byproduct, anyone else’s.
– They always appreciate what they have. And as a result, they usually get more.
– They are universally respectful—to their friends, their boss, or to the person that makes their sandwich for lunch.
– They don’t let work consume them.
– They make sacrifices for the benefit of others.
– They are patient.
– They put in the extra effort when it’s needed, without any strings attached.
-They resolve issues or conflicts directly.
– They respectfully push back. It’s easy to push back. To do so with respect takes skill.
– They trust their colleagues.